I’ve had the pleasure of photographing lots of birthday parties and anniversaries recently. There are lots of events that are brilliant to get a professional photographer along to capture, not just weddings. It’s really hard to get all your family and friends together at the same time, so makes sense to hire a photographer to capture some great memories for you when you do.
A professional photographer will approach your party or event completely differently to you. I’m sure you know what it’s like when someone says ‘oh, so-and-so has just got a nice camera, they’ll take a few photos’. You’ll probably end up with a few blurred or heads and feet cut off images, taken at random intervals throughout the evening whenever the person in charge has remembered. Or if you plan on taking the photos yourself, again, you’ll be so busy having fun you’ll forget to take any.
Apart from having better quality photos (as you should expect of course!), here are a few more benefits of hiring a professional photographer for your party:
– they’ll arrive early to take some photos of the room set-up/flowers/details etc.
– organise family photos before guests arrive (this doesn’t have to be long, wedding style line-ups, but it’s nice to have a couple).
– a professional photographer will take photos over the course of the party or event for the time required ensuring you get a good coverage of the whole evening.
– they will have experience in dealing with groups and how to get people together with minimum fuss and intrusion.
– it takes skill, experience and the right equipment to get high quality photos in dark/low-light conditions.
– a professional photographer will put them on a password protected online gallery so all your guests can log in and download them for free, or order high quality prints.
I have had ten years’ experience photographing parties and events, hold public liability and professional indemnity insurance and am qualified by the British Institute of Professional Photography.
I’m a full time professional photographer based in Guildford and have photographed parties and events all over Surrey, most recently in Chobham, Woking, Esher and Cobham. I often travel to London and further afield photograph events, so please do get in touch wherever you are. Travel up to 50 miles is included, additional mileage at 40p per mile or train fare, whichever is the lowest.
Click to find out more about me and event photography prices, or call 07731 37 97 27.